Monday, October 18, 2010

Oops, I did it anyway

Yeah, I thought I wasn't going to write anything this weekend, and I still didn't really, but I did revisit a very old melody of mine. No major changes, just a different rhythmic perspective.

I feel like there are certain melodies that I've written that constantly evolve and develop different meanings to me as time goes on and the melodies are experienced in different contexts than when it was originally conceived. This melody has a lot of personal history to it, and this is by no means the best representation of it. It simply was stuck in my head and I had to let it out.

Normalcy from the Abnormal by Mnemonic Parabolist

On a side note, everything you hear in this track was recorded and processed in my apartment; no stock samples in this (with the exception of the piano sounds). The rhythm is a bit minimalistic for me to really be proud of not using any stock samples, but it's a start. Hopefully there'll be enough time for me to churn out another, and hopefully more original tune next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. =)